POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : I am stuck!! : I am stuck!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  I am stuck!!
From: quoderatd
Date: 7 Jul 2007 20:00:02
Message: <web.4690288feb1a3c7d1c9e60d70@news.povray.org>
Hello I have a question regarding Pov-Ray

I'm trying to transform all coordinates of everything..
Is there a way to change all x, y, z coordinates by a function of x, y, z?

For example:

there are two coordinates specified for a cylinder

coordinate is <a, b, c><d, e, f> , i want it to translate it to <a, 0, c><d,
0, f>

and then rotate each coordinate by amount of <a, 0, 0> and the second by <d,
0, 0>

To phrase it differently:
is there a way to just say tranlate <0, -y, 0>
meaning everything (all the coordinates that are used) is to be translated
on xz plane, but with x and z with same values.

i didn't find a sort of global variable (probably it's called by a different
name) that i could alter so i can change each coordinate of all graphed
points to be changed according to it's own coordinate.